Monday 25 August 2014

Miley Cyrus Brings a Surprise Date At The MTV VMAs

MY FRIEND'S PLACE


Miley Cyrus surprised the World once again but this time it wasn't for her explicit on stage antics.



This year she decided to bring awareness to a very worthy cause, Homeless Youth, and we love her for that.
Her date for the night, a young Homeless man named Jesse, collected her VMA for Best Video on her behalf and gave the following speech:

"My name is Jesse, and I am accepting this award on behalf of the 1.6 million runaways and homeless youth in the United States, who are starving lost and scared for their lives right now. I know this because I am one of those people. [Audience applauds.] Thank you. I've survived in shelters all over the cities, I've cleaned your hotel rooms, been an extra in your movies, I've been an extra in your life. Though I may have been invisible to you on the streets, I have a lot of the same dreams that brought many of you here tonight. Los Angeles, the entertainment capital, has the largest population of homeless youth in America. The music industry will make over $7 billion this year, and outside these doors are 54,000 human beings who have no physical home. If you want to make a powerful change in the world right now, please join us and go to Miley's Facebook page, a dream you dream alone is only a dream. But a dream we dream together is a reality. Thank you so much for your time."



I Have Always been and will always be, #TeamMiley, weather she twerks, sticks her tongue out or gets naked for a Music Video. We Don't care, she is young, she has talent and she earned every last one of her pennies and in this occasion she also proved that she is a great human being.

Keep #Winning baby : )

#FOLLOW @GOODLIFEMAFIA